I welcome you to the 2017 Washington Fly Fishing Fair web page. This is our 11th annual fair and the result of the generous support of many talented flytiers, casters and flyfishers devoted to our sport and to conservation and education. This year the Fair will be on Friday and Saturday, May 5th and 6th. The WSCFFF board and fair committee encourage you to visit our Fair pages often to check on updates. Please check out:
• our free seminars which will be located in the Manastash Room and the Heritage Center
• our workshops, space in some will be limited, sign up early to reserve your spot. This year we will have two tying workshops by Steve Fernandez the 2012 IFFF Buszek winner (the IFFF highest Fly Tying Award) The Casting workshops will be headlined by Al Buhr, MCI, THCI, CBOG Emeritus and Molly Semenik, MCI, CBOG.
• our amazingly talented fly tiers...we hope have about 100 tiers for you to see. The list will be updated as they sign up
• casting demos throughout the show
• our Casting Challenge Course at the Park, it's free. On Saturday afternoon there will be a competition, it's also free and there are some great prizes
• need help with your casting at the Park....We offer private lessons with a CI. Cost is cheap for a one on one lesson. Sign up on-line of if space is available at the Fair.
• our vendors and partners
While we encourage everyone to have a great time, this event is our only fund raiser and our major source of finds to support education and conservation events in the coming year. In the past 3 years we have donated almost $13,000 to conservation and education activities. In addition there was another $4,500 in funds from the IFFF that was distributed to Conservation activities. We THANK everyone who has attended our Fair in the past for your support. Without your support we would not have be able to provide this support. We encourage you to attend and participate in our auction and raffles so we can continue this support.
On Friday evening we have our awards banquet. The evening will start with a no host bar followed of dinner, Council awards and our live auction. Please register and join us.
This event does not go off without the help of a lot of volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact me. On Thursday evening we hold a dinner for our volunteers and vendors to thank them for their support because without them this event would not be possible.
I hope to see you there.
Information about the loding and maps for the area.
List of workshops and demos. Some of the workshops require a nommial fee to cover expensives
List of Fly Tiers, time and table assignment along with the class of flies they plan to tie